There are Many Ways to Support the Club
The RMHUC is run by volunteers. How about pitching in to do just one thing?
Here are some ideas:
- Greet and check in guests - a great way to meet everyone who attends!
- Help the organizers by shopping for or providing refreshments. (This does not have to be a financial commitment; just a trip to the store and delivery to the event.)
- Help with set-up and/or clean-up.
- Take photographs or write up a brief review of an event for our Web site.
- Host one of our annual events such as the Summer Barbecue or the Winter Holiday Party (~50-100 people).
- Host a smaller event such as a speaker or panel discussion (~15-50 people).
Help Create or Organize an Event
- Organize a “Cheap Eats” group meal: Find a resonably-priced, interesting restaurant, ask them to suggest a day/time when business is otherwise slow (e.g. 3PM Sunday), and tell them you’d like to invite members of the local Harvard community and their families to gather for a meal. Tell us your plan, and we'll handle the publicity!
- Organize a hike or a ski day.
- Connected with a performing arts / museum / gallery / cultural institution in Colorado? Or would you like an excuse to be? Keep an eye out for Harvard-related or interesting stuff not generally available to the public around which a Club event could be organized.
- Introduce the Club to a local non-profit organization to discuss a community service event.
- Help us identify potential speakers with Harvard connections.
- Recommend a Harvard faculty member for a visit to the Club.
- Work in a cool lab or other interesting environment? Host a tour!
- Alert us to good venues for a variety of events.
Support the Club's Communications & Membership
- Reach out on behalf of the Club to new arrivals to Colorado to invite them to join the Club.
- Contact new members to help them learn more about the Club.
- Make phone calls prior to an event to generate interest and attendance.
- Join the RMHUC Membership Committee.
Help with Harvard College Applicant Interviews
- Interviewers are particularly needed to interview outside the Denver / Boulder area.
- Help with major interview events in January and February.
Share your Specialized Skills and Interests
- Volunteer to be a speaker in our Speakers Series.
- Audit the Club's financial records.
- Help research the Club’s history.
Connect with the Club and Other Local Harvard Alums Via Social Media
- Join the Rocky Mountain Harvard University Club group on LinkedIn.
- Like the Rocky Mountain Harvard University Club Facebook page.
- Post Harvard-related news and events to our Facebook page (any member can do so.)
- Join the conversation on Twitter @rmhuc.
Support the Club financially
Better yet: Come up with your own great idea. The possibilities are endless!
To get involved, send your thoughts to the Club's President: Charlotte Horton AB'13 at RMHUC President